PART a: IDENTIFICATION OF R&D Result
PARTEA A: Identificarea rezultatului cercetării-deZvoltării (CD)
· The project team
|Advisor’s Name:Nume:||Dumitru Constantin|
|Expecting date of valorization plan submission:Data aşteptată pentru trimiterea planului de valorizare||27.02.2012|
· Identification of R&D activity
Identificarea activităţii de cercetare-dezvoltare (CD)
|Acronym:Acronim:||ARMS_Analytic Research of Mechanical Stresses in a Truck Strength Structure|
|Author of the R&D result:Autorul rezultatului CD:||Dr. Eng. Ilincioiu Dan|
|Company or University:Companies au universitate:||UNIVERSITY OF CRAIOVA, ROMANIA|
|Sector:Domeniu:||ENG – Engineering|
|Type of the R&D result:Tipul rezultatului CD:||Model matematic|
PART B: VALORISATION PLAN
Partea B: Planul de valorizare
|Please provide a short description of the state-of-the-art and/or current trends in the field? How does the result fit into it?
Vă rugăm să faceţi o scurtă prezentare a celor mai importante realizări în domeniu şi/sau tendinţele actuale? Cum se încadrează rezultatul CD în acest context?
|Since in the technical field there are used a large variety of strength structures, studying their behavior is achieved by using physical models that have common features for a large number of structures.Adopting a specific physical model for a certain strength structure is done based on simplifying assumptions, which should not introduce large errors and must comply with the basic features of structural strength.
Having adopted the physical model of structure, then the mathematical equations can be worked out to describe both the physical model and the structure’s behavior, when it is stressed by a certain load.
The measured number allows a correct simulation whereby the errors are minimal.
|What is the problem/need/knowledge gap that the research result is responding to? How was it addressed before?Care este problema/necesitatea/deficitul de cunoştinţe la care a cărei soluţionare contribuie rezultatul cercetării ? A fost acest aspect abordat anterior?|
|The need to address the issue of mechanical stresses in truck chassis-type structures results from all the following key aspects of the current state of play and development trends:
- Lack of numerical models, as close as possible in structural and behavioral terms, similar to real models for chassis-type structure;
- The entire research & testing process has to be fully performed by using computer software.Mathematical model presented has a high degree of generality, the phenomena are defined parametrically. By generating an automatic computer program using this model, several constructive and loading variants can be studied. To check-up the model viability, by using an automated computer program designed by the authors, it was examined the constructive version that is using rolled profiles IPN360 (strut) and IPN200 (transverse bars).
The mathematical model defined must be improved by introducing variables which enabling the movement of loads on the structure; also, the horizontal components of the loads should be introduced to investigate the bearing capacity of structure to a complex spatial stress.
The innovative character of the project stems from the fact that performing software products can be launched on domestic and European markets.
|What is the potential for further research?Care este potenţialul pentru cercetarea viitoare?|
|In scientific and technical terms, it is required to develop mathematical models to determine the mechanical stress in a truck chassis structure.The research result is included among research directions in the field of computerized calculation of mechanical structures’ strength.The main goal of research result is to develop mathematical models for solving problems of structural strength of the complex loaded framework.
The research team of the Department of Industrial Engineering of Mechanical Engineering Faculty within the University of Craiova has a long experience in both in research and for the following:
|What is the proposed method of IPR-protection? (patent, license, trademark etc.)Care este metoda propusă pentru protecţia drepturilor de proprietate intelectuală (brevet, licenţă, marcă înregistrată etc.)|
|It is proposed the protection of intellectual property rights of product named “Mathematical model for determining the mechanical tension in a truck chassis structure” by copyright for computer programs (software) or a combination thereof.|
|What are the steps that need to be taken in order to secure the IPR-protection? What is the cost of IPR-protection?Care sunt etapele ce trebuie parcurse pentru a se asigura drepturile de proprietate intelectuală? Care este costul pentru asigurarea proprietăţii intelectuale?|
|The steps that must be taken for granting the copyright are:
- Name, address and other identifiers of the individual applicant;
- Clearly indicating the computer program;
- Laying down the marketing terms (price, quantity).
- Know-how: a set of non-patented practical information, resulting from experience and testing, which is secret (ie not generally known and not easily accessible).
|What is you overall assessment of the scientific maturity of the research result?Care este evaluarea generală a maturităţii ştiinţifice a rezultatului CD?|
|Developing a set of original knowledge meant to determine mechanical stress in a truck chassis structure is the scientific maturity proof of the R&D result. The scientific and technological excellence of the research results consist of the following:
- Optimization of mechanical structures based on mathematical models;
- Fidelity of computer simulation depends upon accuracy of mathematical models used and how they are assembled.Mathematical model presented has a high degree of generality, the phenomena are defined parametrically. By generating an automatic computer program using this model, several constructive and loading variants can be studied. To check-up the model viability, by using an automated computer program designed by the authors, it was examined the constructive version that is using rolled profiles IPN360 (strut) and IPN200 (transverse bars).
The current state of knowledge, theoretical approaches and practical implementations reveals that the solutions presented are real and feasible.
KEYWORDS QUANTITATIVE ASSESSMENT (0-5).
Evaluare cantitativă (0-5)
Please put X as appropriate.
Vă rugăm să marcaţi cu X punctajul considerat corespunzător
|Scientific maturityMaturitate ştiinţifică||X|
|State-of-the-art/innovationCele mai importante realizări în domeniu/grad de inovare||X|
|IPR-potentialPotenţialul privind drepturile de proprietate intelectuală||X|
We agree that all informations contained in this form to be made public in the project „Inter-regional cooperation for valorization of research results – INTERVALUE”, by publication on the project website: http://www.urenio.org/intervalue/.
Suntem de acord ca informaţiile cuprinse în acest formular să fie făcute publice în cadrul proiectului „Inter-regional cooperation for valorization of research results – INTERVALUE”, prin publicarea lor pe site-ul proiectului, la adresa: http://www.urenio.org/intervalue/.