SECTION I: The product
|1a||The innovation potential of this product is related to:
|The innovation potential of this product is related to technology-driven innovation. Modern technologies as computers, Internet, affective computing, human-computer interaction and avatars have been used by the development team in order to create this system.|
|1b||What added value for end-users does the product hold?
• higher quality
• Better technical characteristics
• Other …
|This product comprises several modules which offer higher quality and better technical characteristics to the end-users.|
|1c||What is the Unique Sales Proposition of the potential product?|
|The Unique Sales Propositions of the product are the following:
SECTION 2: The Market
|2a||What is the target market for the product?
Please describe the characteristics of your target market.
|This product addresses a large global market. For many years, the most cited statistic is that autism occurs in 4.5 out of 10000 live births. This was based on large-scale surveys conducted in the United States and England. Moreover, the estimate of children having autism vary considerably depending on the country, ranging from 2 out of 10000 in Germany to as high as 16 out of 10000 in Japan. The following are extrapolated statistics about the number of kids with autism :
USA : 500.000
UK : 120.000
Canada : 65.000
Australia : 40.000
Greece : 20.000
|2b||How the product is characterized from the following options?
Number of companies producing similar products in the field.
• Base – applied by all companies in the industry
• Leading – applied by a single or limited number of competitive companies
• Key –at a development stage, but has already proven its potential
|The proposed system is considered as a leading product and is not produced by other companies. However, there are various competing educational systems for autistic children.|
|2c||What type of market demand will be satisfied?
• Existing demand – the market is already developed
• hidden (latent) demand – the market has yet to be developed
|The market that this product addresses has yet to be developed. The means for its development is advertising the product in private schools which work with kids with Autism.|
|2d||What is the current stage of the product’s market life cycle?
• Implementation, implementation in production (leading to a radically new product offers)
• Growth (rapid spread within the industry or outside it)
• maturity (parameters of the technical characteristics of manufactured products reached their maximum, higher-grade products can be manufactured on the basis of technological substitution)
|The proposed system is considered to be in the growth phase of the product’s market life cycle, since it entails innovative technology for the enhancement of the teacher-child educational process.|
|2e||Strategic partnerships (existing or potential).|
|There is already a strategic partnership with Autism School ELPIDA|
SECTION 3: The Competition
|3a||What is the competition within your target market?|
|The current competition is consisted by the following products:
|3b||What competitive advantages will the introduction of the new product ensue?
• lower prices based on lower production costs
• product differentiation (uniqueness of the product proposal)
|This pioneering product, provided by the Lab Of Medical Informatics (LOMI) at Aristotle University, presents a number of advantages in relation to its competitors. The introduction of the new product will ensue product differentiation, as it entails unique technological characteristics.|
|3c||Potential products relate to the following price range:
• High price range
• Average price range
• Low price range
|Considering products of the same power band, this system relates to low price range.|
|3d||Potential products will be marketed:
• To regulated markets (e.g. heat supply, water supply, universal telecommunication services, agricultural products, fishing industry, architectural services)
• To markets operating on the principle of free negotiation between agents on the market
|Potential products will be marketed to markets operating on the principle of free negotiation between agents on the market.|
SECTION 4: Indicators
|Estimated cost of the new products||Annual use of software:
1000 € (for schools)
1200 € (for professionals)
150 € (for parents)
|Expected market volume (potential / maximum number of users)||Maximum number of potential users exceeds 200000|
|Expected sales volume||Year 1: 100
Year 2: 200
Year 3: 300
Year 4: 300
Year 5: 300
|Expected market share of the company (proportion between sales and total company sales in the relevant market)||10%|