BLUE-ARCHEOSYS – is a project of technological research and development co-funded by the Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR) in the field of innovative technologies and advanced in support of underwater archaeology.
The innovative aspects of the system BLU-ARCHEOSYS concern:
- the application of innovative tools of high technology vision, used in an integrated manner to to allow a more comprehensive and complete measures on the finding as well as having applications in several sectors (underwater search, reverse engineering in situ, seismology, etc..);
- the traceability of the operations taking into account times and costs;
- the application of a quantitative approach to scientific areas still covered in an empirical way;
- optimization of the definition and methodology of intervention programs on underwater sites, for the protection, research, impact assessment and risk (for example, the archaeological risk);
- the definition of a tool for morphological capable of collecting volume data, surface, and imaging
- the definition of data-fusion methodology that allows to integrate data collected using characterization morphological machine and /or coming from other tools to get through inference, new information about the status of the find under investigation the sectorial trasversality in system’s applicative terms.