PART a: IDENTIFICATION OF R&D Result
PARTEA A: Identificarea rezultatului cercetării-deZvoltării (CD)
· The project team
|Advisor’s Name:Nume:||Department of Technologies and MaterialsProject: Captor for Measuring the Dynamic Components of the Cutting Force at Internal Grinding|
|Expecting date of valorization plan submission:Data aşteptată pentru trimiterea planului de valorizare||04.02.2012|
· Identification of R&D activity
Identificarea activităţii de cercetare-dezvoltare (CD)
|Author of the R&D result:Autorul rezultatului CD:||Dr. Eng. Popescu Daniel|
|Company or University:Companie sau Universitate:||UNIVERSITY OF CRAIOVA, ROMANIA|
|Sector:Domeniu:||ENG – Engineering|
|Type of the R&D result:Tipul rezultatului CD:||Product|
PART B: VALORISATION PLAN
Partea B: Planul de valorizare
|Please provide a short description of the state-of-the-art and/or current trends in the field? How does the result fit into it?
Vă rugăm să faceţi o scurtă prezentare a celor mai importante realizări în domeniu şi/sau tendinţele actuale? Cum se încadrează rezultatul CD în acest context?
|Surface treatment of rotation (cylindrical, conical, inside, outside) by correction is applied when conditions require high precision and quality. Working precision fit in grades 5 t- 8 ISO and surface rugosity is Ra = 0.4 microns.Machinability indicator:
- Cutting speed. Compare results with those obtained from measurements by long-term testing tools plates reinforced with carbides;
- Evaluation of workability in percents (U.S.). It follows the evolution of tool wear in conditions of stripping internal processing.
Method and captor for measuring the tangential and axial forces in the process of adjustment in dynamic conditions, can be assimilated in production having view its low cost and convenience in operation.
|What is the problem/need/knowledge gap that the research result is responding to? How was it addressed before?Care este problema/necesitatea/deficitul de cunoştinţe la care a cărei soluţionare contribuie rezultatul cercetării ? A fost acest aspect abordat anterior?|
|The need to address the issue of experimental determination of cutting regime parameters resulting from internal grinding operation of all essential aspects and gap on the current state of knowledge:
- Continued development of CNC grinding machines;
- Lack of models on machinability of materials with high hardness;
- Strong tendency to use large scale numerical models as close as possible in terms of structural and behavioral with real models
- Research for the entire testing process to be performed entirely using computer media.Research focused on the design and implementation of a transducer to determine experimentally the parameters of rectification inner cutting regime, in dynamic regime.
|What is the potential for further research?Care este potenţialul pentru cercetarea viitoare?|
|The project team has experience in the field and aims to increase the quality of research in the University of Craiova by promoting international scientific research results through attending to prestigious conferences and congresses.At the same time it is the aim to make a technology transfer, delivering special scientific consulting to interested firms. Through transferring the research results the aim is to contribute to improving the quality of local industrial products and thus the competitiveness of firms.|
|What is the proposed method of IPR-protection? (patent, license, trademark etc.)Care este metoda propusă pentru protecţia drepturilor de proprietate intelectuală (brevet, licenţă, marcă înregistrată etc.)|
|It is proposed the protection of intellectual property rights of product “Captor for Measuring the Dynamic Components of the Cutting Force at Internal Grinding” by National Patent, registered with the State Office for Inventions and Trademarks Bucharest (OSIM). As the product is targeted to both domestic and European and world markets, we consider it necessary to obtain intellectual property rights by a patent in Europe.|
|What are the steps that need to be taken in order to secure the IPR-protection? What is the cost of IPR-protection?Care sunt etapele ce trebuie parcurse pentru a se asigura drepturile de proprietate intelectuală? Care este costul pentru asigurarea proprietăţii intelectuale?|
|Steps that must be taken to ensure intellectual property rights are:
1. Drafting patent application documentation 220 euro
2. Filing the patent application with OSIM (State Office for Inventions and Trademarks) 84 euro
3. Publication of patent application in OSIM 95 euro
4. Examination of patent application 552 euro
5. The patent granting and its issuance 137 euro
6. Keeping a patent in force throughout the period of validity 5000 euro
|What is you overall assessment of the scientific maturity of the research result?Care este evaluarea generală a maturităţii ştiinţifice a rezultatului CD?|
|Developing a set of original knowledge in concept, design, implementation, testing and probing of a “Captor for Measuring the Dynamic Components of the Cutting Force at Internal Grinding” has the evidence of scientific maturity evidence of the R&D result.Scientific and technological excellence of research results consist of:
- Tasks of teaching, involvement in research activities on a contract basis, publications and attending to scientific events in the country and abroad, enabled the applicant to acquire extensive knowledge and expertise is powder metallurgy;
- Current state of knowledge, theoretical approaches and practical implementations reveals that the solutions presented are real and feasible;
- In terms of costs, the calculated budget covers the expenses required for applied research as well as for conducting laboratory tests.
KEYWORDS QUANTITATIVE ASSESSMENT (0-5).
Evaluare cantitativă (0-5)
Please put X as appropriate.
Vă rugăm să marcaţi cu X punctajul considerat corespunzător
|Scientific maturityMaturitate ştiinţifică||X|
|State-of-the-art/innovationCele mai importante realizări în domeniu/grad de inovare||X|
|IPR-potentialPotenţialul privind drepturile de proprietate intelectuală||X|
We agree that all informations contained in this form to be made public in the project „Inter-regional cooperation for valorization of research results – INTERVALUE”, by publication on the project website: http://www.urenio.org/intervalue/.
Suntem de acord ca informaţiile cuprinse în acest formular să fie făcute publice în cadrul proiectului „Inter-regional cooperation for valorization of research results – INTERVALUE”, prin publicarea lor pe site-ul proiectului, la adresa: http://www.urenio.org/intervalue/.