SECTION I: The product
|1a||The innovation potential of this product is related to:
|1b||What added value for end-users does the product hold?
• higher quality
• Better technical characteristics
• Other …
|This complex solution can replace traditional HW-SW environment. It can reduce energy usage of cloud computers also can offer access to a few high performance GPUs concurrently to many users.|
|1c||What is the Unique Sales Proposition of the potential product?|
|It is a kind software-hardware complex: the product itself is computing capacity which can replace traditional HW-SW environment.|
SECTION 2: The Market
|2a||What is the target market for the product?
Please describe the characteristics of your target market.
|Possible customers primarily are customer software development companies, which use High Performance Computing (HPC), especially GPGPU technology. Examples of it are research institutes, universities, large financial projection institutes and medical imaging firms.
Another type of the target group may be companies using a program at which using a lot of GPU may be advantage, for example 3D Studio Max. These are smaller animation companies who do not have their own powerful machines.
|2b||How the product is characterized from the following options? Number of companies producing similar products in the field.
• Base – applied by all companies in the industry
• Leading – applied by a single or limited number of competitive companies
• Key –at a development stage, but has already proven its potential
|Key. In his form it is a specific implementation. It has a growing potential. More and more programs are using the GPU to perform calculations from professionals (3d animation), to unique software applications through a fully consumers (e.g. for home video compression). Virtualization is becoming more important, and users spend a lot of money on cloud computing.|
|2c||What type of market demand will be satisfied?
• Existing demand – the market is already developed
• hidden (latent) demand – the market has yet to be developed
|Existing, but continuously growing market.|
|2d||What is the current stage of the product’s market life cycle?
• Implementation, implementation in production (leading to a radically new product offers)
• Growth (rapid spread within the industry or outside it)
• maturity (parameters of the technical characteristics of manufactured products reached their maximum, higher-grade products can be manufactured on the basis of technological substitution)
|Growth, more and more programs are using the GPU to perform calculations.|
|2e||Strategic partnerships (existing or potential).|
|They have no current partner. Potential partners can be found through one of support programmes of NVidia, like: http://www.nvidia.com/object/gpu_ventures_program.html or http://research.nvidia.com/content/academic-partnership-program.
SECTION 3: The Competition
|3a||What is the competition within your target market?|
|There is no such existing solution. The potential competition comes from the fact that to whom so much power would needed, may prefer to buy the hardware himself and build his own system.|
|3b||What competitive advantages will the introduction of the new product ensue?
• lower prices based on lower production costs
• product differentiation (uniqueness of the product proposal)
|It is a cheaper way to get high computing capacity, because resources could be better used. One has to pay only for that capacity that really used.|
|3c||Potential products relate to the following price range:
• High price range
• Average price range
• Low price range
|Low price range compared with the hardware solutions.|
|3d||Potential products will be marketed:
• To regulated markets (e.g. heat supply, water supply, universal telecommunication services, agricultural products, fishing industry, architectural services)
• To markets operating on the principle of free negotiation between agents on the market
|On a free negotiation market, but has limited bargaining capacity.|
SECTION 4: Indicators
|Estimated cost of the new products|
|Expected market volume (potential / maximum number of users)|
|Expected sales volume|
|Expected market share of the company (proportion between sales and total company sales in the relevant market)|
KEYWORDS QUANTITATIVE ASSESSMENT (0-5).
|Please put X as appropriate.||1||2||3||4||5|
|Size of future market demand||x|
|Competitive positioning of the product||x|