A humanoid robot is an autonomous robot, because it can adapt to changes in its environment or itself and continue to reach its goal. This is the main difference between humanoid and other kinds of robots. Some of the capacities of a humanoid robot may include, among others:
- self-maintenance (i.e. recharging itself)
- autonomous learning (learn or gain new capabilities without outside assistance, adjust strategies based on the surroundings and adapt to new situations)
- avoiding harmful situations to people, property, and itself
- safe interacting with human beings and the environment
- The present model is able to perform certain motions well. I.e. sitting cross legged (tailor seat) or folding its arms.