PART a: IDENTIFICATION OF R&D Result
PARTEA A: Identificarea rezultatului cercetării-deZvoltării (CD)
· The project team
|Advisor’s Name:Nume:||Department of Technologies and MaterialsProject name:
Method and Device for Determining the Deviations from Recti-linearity
|Expecting date of valorization plan submission:Data aşteptată pentru trimiterea planului de valorizare||29.02.2012|
· Identification of R&D activity
Identificarea activităţii de cercetare-dezvoltare (CD)
|Author of the R&D result:Autorul rezultatului CD:||Dr. Eng. Buzatu Stefan|
|Company or University:Companies au universitate:||UNIVERSITY OF CRAIOVA, ROMANIA|
|Sector:Domeniu:||ENG – Engineering|
|Type of the R&D result:Tipul rezultatului CD:||Product|
PART B: VALORISATION PLAN
Partea B: Planul de valorizare
|Please provide a short description of the state-of-the-art and/or current trends in the field? How does the result fit into it?
Vă rugăm să faceţi o scurtă prezentare a celor mai importante realizări în domeniu şi/sau tendinţele actuale? Cum se încadrează rezultatul CD în acest context?
|So far only a few companies in our country have carried out research for development of methods and devices for determining deviations from recti-linearity (FMUAB SA Bucharest, Bucharest Polytechnic University).In the industrial manufacture of measuring devices the research extends in two combined directions:
- Studies and research on increasing the measurement accuracy by eliminating errors introduced by depreciation in the sensors;
- Studies and research on automatic control of deviations from recti-linearity for large sized parts in order to improve their quality and performance.
The method and device for calculating deviations from recti-linearity can be assimilated into production given its low cost, productivity and convenience in operation.
|What is the problem/need/knowledge gap that the research result is responding to? How was it addressed before?Care este problema/necesitatea/deficitul de cunoştinţe la care a cărei soluţionare contribuie rezultatul cercetării ? A fost acest aspect abordat anterior?|
|The need to address issues of measurement devices to calculate deviations from recti-linearity is resulting from lack of knowledge on: eliminating the influence of errors introduced by the depreciation of sensors, eliminating influences by position errors in the device, increasing device’s mobilityTherefore it is required to develop appropriate methods and devices for increasing the efficiency of measurement.
Modularisation is their chance to win the market, as a feasible and effective alternative, not only through flexibility, but also through development of standardized modules.
|What is the potential for further research?Care este potenţialul pentru cercetarea viitoare?|
|Scientifically and technically, it is required to develop methods and devices for calculating the deviation from recti-linearity.The result of research fits with research directions in the field of performance technical measurement.
The purpose of the research was the development of a method and an apparatus for the measurement of straightness, that have the following advantages:
- the initial reference line is ideal, without discrepancy, and it is determined through calculus;
- no adjustments are needed in order to position the metering device on the slide;
- the straight-line of the slide can be quickly and easily measured even if it has a horizontal, vertical or oblique position;
- increasing the measuring precision by removing the influences of the errors introduced by the depreciation of the sensors;
- increasing the measuring precision by removing the influences of the position errors of the device;
- it is permitted the increase of the mobility of the device and implicit to increase the measurement efficiency.
Further theoretical and experimental research may prove that results obtained can be also used to develop a design method for a device for calculation of deviations from recti-linearity.
|What is the proposed method of IPR-protection? (patent, license, trademark etc.)Care este metoda propusă pentru protecţia drepturilor de proprietate intelectuală (brevet, licenţă, marcă înregistrată etc.)|
|It is proposed the protection of intellectual property rights of the product “Method and Device for Determining the Deviations from Recti-linearity” by National Patent, registered with the State Office for Inventions and Trademarks Bucharest (OSIM).
As the product addresses not only domestic market but also the European /world markets, we consider it necessary to protect the intellectual property rights by a patent in Europe.
|What are the steps that need to be taken in order to secure the IPR-protection? What is the cost of IPR-protection?Care sunt etapele ce trebuie parcurse pentru a se asigura drepturile de proprietate intelectuală? Care este costul pentru asigurarea proprietăţii intelectuale?|
| Steps that must be taken to ensure intellectual property rights are:
1. Drafting patent application documentation 224 euro
2. Filing the patent application with OSIM (State Office for Inventions and Trademarks) 52 euro
3. Publication in OSIM of patent application 78 euro
4. Examination of patent application 438 euro
5. The patent granting and its issuance 112 euro
6. Keeping a patent in force throughout the period of validity 4000 euroTotal cost = 4904 euro
|What is you overall assessment of the scientific maturity of the research result?Care este evaluarea generală a maturităţii ştiinţifice a rezultatului CD?|
|Develop a set of original knowledge aimed to achieve the concept, design, production, testing and probing of a device for calculation of deviation from recti-linearity with applications in machinery engineering, is the evidence of scientific maturity of the R&D result.Scientific and technological excellence of research results consist of:
- Current state of knowledge, theoretical approaches and practical implementations reveal that the solutions presented are real and feasible;
- In terms of cost, the calculated budget covers the expenses required for applied research and for conducting laboratory tests.
Since its implementation requires change of concept and management in the organization, the product falls into the category of innovations in industry.
Through the proposed theme the project will contribute to Romania’s economic and social development.
KEYWORDS QUANTITATIVE ASSESSMENT (0-5).
Evaluare cantitativă (0-5)
Please put X as appropriate.
Vă rugăm să marcaţi cu X punctajul considerat corespunzător
|Scientific maturityMaturitate ştiinţifică||X|
|State-of-the-art/innovationCele mai importante realizări în domeniu/grad de inovare||X|
|IPR-potentialPotenţialul privind drepturile de proprietate intelectuală||X|
We agree that all informations contained in this form to be made public in the project „Inter-regional cooperation for valorization of research results – INTERVALUE”, by publication on the project website: http://www.urenio.org/intervalue/.
Suntem de acord ca informaţiile cuprinse în acest formular să fie făcute publice în cadrul proiectului „Inter-regional cooperation for valorization of research results – INTERVALUE”, prin publicarea lor pe site-ul proiectului, la adresa: http://www.urenio.org/intervalue/.