PART a: IDENTIFICATION OF R&D Result
PARTEA A: Identificarea rezultatului cercetării-deZvoltării (CD)
· The project team
|Advisor’s Name:Nume:||Department of Technologies and MaterialsProject: Complex 3D Models Used in Orthopedics of the Human Elbow|
|Expecting date of valorization plan submission:Data aşteptată pentru trimiterea planului de valorizare||07.02.2012|
· Identification of R&D activity
Identificarea activităţii de cercetare-dezvoltare (CD)
|Author of the R&D result:Autorul rezultatului CD:||Dr. Eng. Popa Dragos|
|Company or University:Companies au universitate:||UNIVERSITY OF CRAIOVA, ROMANIA|
|Sector:Domeniu:||ENG – Engineering|
|Type of the R&D result:Tipul rezultatului CD:||Virtual Model|
PART B: VALORISATION PLAN
Partea B: Planul de valorizare
|Please provide a short description of the state-of-the-art and/or current trends in the field? How does the result fit into it?
Vă rugăm să faceţi o scurtă prezentare a celor mai importante realizări în domeniu şi/sau tendinţele actuale? Cum se încadrează rezultatul CD în acest context?
|Current status and current developments in the biomechanics of the human body:
- Continue development of the human body biomechanics based on trials and experimental results, as well as on modeling and numerical simulations using virtual instrumentation;
- Strong tendency of widespread use of numerical methods, as close in terms of structural and behavioral with real models;
- Optimization of existing models in the biomechanics of the human body;Virtual conceptual model presented provides important information on the dynamics of human elbow used in medical robotics. For simulations, new virtual elements are attached to virtual elbow. Determining actual values for key parameters of geometric configuration adopted was made on 3D models developed in SolidWorks package.
|What is the problem/need/knowledge gap that the research result is responding to? How was it addressed before?Care este problema/necesitatea/deficitul de cunoştinţe la care a cărei soluţionare contribuie rezultatul cercetării ? A fost acest aspect abordat anterior?|
|Knowledge gap in contributing research results:
- Lack of dedicated models on study of the human elbow;
- Lack of consistent approach type source – transmission path – receiver with direct implications on the study to reduce dynamic effects felt by the human elbow;
- The entire process (initial programming page-test-measurement-data collection and processing, analysis, presentation of results) to be made integrated with virtual instrumentation.
|What is the potential for further research?Care este potenţialul pentru cercetarea viitoare?|
|University of Craiova is one of the main institutions of higher education in South-West Oltenia region, with managerial experience in leading research.
It has remarkable collaborations and joint activities with many higher education institutions and research institutes in the world.
|What is the proposed method of IPR-protection? (patent, license, trademark etc.)Care este metoda propusă pentru protecţia drepturilor de proprietate intelectuală (brevet, licenţă, marcă înregistrată etc.)|
|It is proposed the protection of intellectual property rights of the product “Complex 3D model used in orthopedics of human elbow” by the patent.|
|What are the steps that need to be taken in order to secure the IPR-protection? What is the cost of IPR-protection?Care sunt etapele ce trebuie parcurse pentru a se asigura drepturile de proprietate intelectuală? Care este costul pentru asigurarea proprietăţii intelectuale?|
|Steps taken to ensure intellectual property rights:1. Filing the patent
2. Documentary research
3. Patent application publication after 18 months from payment date or claimed priority
4. Examination of the patent within 18 months from the date of payment
5. Issuance of registration Certificate of the patent
6. Maintaining a patent in force for 5, 10, 15 or 20 years
|What is you overall assessment of the scientific maturity of the research result?Care este evaluarea generală a maturităţii ştiinţifice a rezultatului CD?|
|Develop a set of original knowledge addressed to virtual modeling of the human elbow. Contributions focus on physical and mathematical modeling of human elbow biomechanics subject to external excitation, verification and validation of models, as well as making a complex model with concentrated masses, reconfigurable in terms of elastic links.Assumptions that led to the implementation of this feasible model, are the following:
- The connection between model elements is achieved by means of cylindrical joints;
- Every joint operates a resistance moment of elastic type, with linear characteristic in a first approximation;
- Dry friction forces in joints were not taken into account.
The elbow was modeled by a rigid solid as it was considered that during working out this only make a global movement required by the disturbing source without gaining additional movement in component parts. Inferring differential equations of motion was achieved assuming large angular displacements.
Modeling such a difficult item and the need of a large volume of data are justifying its approach at theoretic level, with practical examples.
KEYWORDS QUANTITATIVE ASSESSMENT (0-5).
Evaluare cantitativă (0-5)
Please put X as appropriate.
Vă rugăm să marcaţi cu X punctajul considerat corespunzător
|Scientific maturityMaturitate ştiinţifică||X|
|State-of-the-art/innovationCele mai importante realizări în domeniu/grad de inovare||X|
|IPR-potentialPotenţialul privind drepturile de proprietate intelectuală||X|
We agree that all informations contained in this form to be made public in the project „Inter-regional cooperation for valorization of research results – INTERVALUE”, by publication on the project website: http://www.urenio.org/intervalue/.
Suntem de acord ca informaţiile cuprinse în acest formular să fie făcute publice în cadrul proiectului „Inter-regional cooperation for valorization of research results – INTERVALUE”, prin publicarea lor pe site-ul proiectului, la adresa: http://www.urenio.org/intervalue/.