PART a: IDENTIFICATION OF R&D Result
The project team
|Advisor’s Name:||Department of Technologies and Materials|
|Expecting date of valorization plan submission:||20.01.2012|
Identification of R&D activity
|Author of the R&D result:||Dr. Eng. Dumitru Constantin|
|Company or University:||UNIVERSITY OF CRAIOVA, ROMANIA|
|Sector:||ENG – Engineering|
|Type of the R&D result:||Information Product|
PART B: valorisation plan
SECTION I: The product
|The innovation potential of this product is related to:
|The product analyzed and evaluated, “Model for numerical simulation of molding process by extrusion of sintered pre-shapes made of metal powders” is a product aimed at reducing costs.|
|What added value for end-users does the product hold?
• higher quality
• Better technical characteristics
• Other …
|Value added of the product for end users:
- developing a useful tool for numerical simulation of molding process by extrusion of sintered pre-shapes made of metal powders;
- by process optimizing the relationship is set-up in linking a dependent variable (performance, density, hardness) to dependent variables (process parameters: degree of deformation, temperature) by means of correlation and regression methods;- manufacturing of complex parts with a great diversity in elements’ content and density up to 99.9% TD;
- in terms of dimensional accuracy, parts are manufactured within precision class IT 8 with higher surface quality.
|What is the Unique Sales Proposition of the potential product?|
|Detailed commentAs the equations of material flow trajectories are known going to deformation spot, it is possible to simulate the molding by extrusion process on computer to analyzing and optimizing the technological process parameters. One of directions to go is to optimize the technological process parameters so that the non-uniformity of deformation by extrusion molding to be minimal. This aspect, associated with deformations image, can become a key factor in setting-up the shape and size of pre-shape to be subject to deformation.
SECTION 2: The Market
|What is the target market for the product? National ¨
Please describe the characteristics of your target market.
|Select and commentThe product addresses a broad range of consumers within domestic market area, but it can be designed also for external markets (Europe, world). The target groups are:
1. operators of the machine engineering industry;
2. educational and research institutions (educational).
The target market is oriented to diversity, variety, change and constant innovation. User requirements change deeply and quickly. So, this diversity come out also from product offerings.
|How the product is characterized from the following options? Number of companies producing similar products in the field.• Base – applied by all companies in the industry
• Leading – applied by a single or limited number of competitive companies
• Key –at a development stage, but has already proven its potential
|Detailed commentThe model for numerical simulation of molding process by extrusion of sintered pre-shapes made of metal powder is a key product used by all companies in the machinery industry.
|What type of market demand will be satisfied?• Existing demand – the market is already developed
• Hidden (latent) demand – the market has yet to be developed
|Detailed commentModel for numerical simulation of molding process by extrusion of sintered pre-shapes made of metal powders can satisfy the current market demand.|
|What is the current stage of the product’s market life cycle?• Implementation, implementation in production (leading to a radically new product offers)
• Growth (rapid spread within the industry or outside it)
• maturity (parameters of the technical characteristics of manufactured products reached their maximum, higher-grade products can be manufactured on the basis of technological substitution)
|Detailed commentThe current status of the product life cycle is evaluated by implementing in production. Thus, is provided a software package that enables viewing the non-uniformity of cross section deformation depending on deformation degree within the molding process.|
|Strategic partnerships (existing or potential).|
|Detailed commentCurrently, there is no strategic partnership to promote this new software product on domestic and international markets.|
SECTION 3: The Competition
|What is the competition within your target market?|
|Detailed commentOn domestic market, there is no direct competitor in this field. The target market for software products is in continuous development.|
|3b||What competitive advantages will the introduction of the new product ensure?• lower prices based on lower production costs
• product differentiation (uniqueness of the product proposal)
Ce avantaje competitive va asigura introducerea noului produs?
• preţuri mai mici bazate pe costuri de producţie reduse
• diferenţierea produselor (unicitatea produsului propus)
|Detailed commentCompetitive advantages:
- Removal of physical prototype;
- Reduce the execution costs;
- Increasing the product quality;
- Reduce the product launch cycle.
|Potential products relate to the following price range:• High price range
• Average price range
• Low price range
|Detailed commentEconomic sizing was based on information on product cost standards. The product is defined within the medium price class.|
|Potential products will be marketed:• To regulated markets (e.g. heat supply, water supply, universal telecommunication services, agricultural products, fishing industry, architectural services)
• To markets operating on the principle of free negotiation between agents on the market
|Detailed commentIn general, advertising and promotion media are accompanying the product and include information or instructions on the use & maintenance (leaflets, brochures, information labels). The method of combining the advertising with sales promotion can ensure customer loyalty.|
SECTION 4: Indicators
|Estimated cost of the new products||
|Expected market volume (potential / maximum number of users)||50 units|
|Expected sales volume||
|Expected market share of the company (proportion between sales and total company sales in the relevant market)||
KEYWORDS QUANTITATIVE ASSESSMENT (0-5).
Please put X as appropriate.
|Added-value potentialPotenţialul de valoare adăugată||X|
|Size of future market demandMărimea cererii viitoare pe piaţă||X|
|Competitive positioning of the productPoziţionarea competitivă a produsului||X|