SECTION I: The product
|1a||The innovation potential of this product is related to:
|Replacement of existing products and improvement of existing ones (it has to be investigated whether U.Pro.Me. is compatible with the existing ones)|
|1b||What added value for end-users does the product hold?
• higher quality
• Better technical characteristics
• Other …
|Better technical characteristics; everything is based on XML and not on database format.|
|1c||What is the Unique Sales Proposition of the potential product?|
Based on XML technology which is used widely by most of the platforms.
SECTION 2: The Market
|2a||What is the target market for the product?
Please describe the characteristics of your target market.
|Select and comment
Mobile (lean and cheap) devices and smart phones
|2b||How the product is characterized from the following options? Number of companies producing similar products in the field.
• Base – applied by all companies in the industry
• Leading – applied by a single or limited number of competitive companies
• Key –at a development stage, but has already proven its potential
|2c||What type of market demand will be satisfied?
• Existing demand – the market is already developed
• hidden (latent) demand – the market has yet to be developed
|2d||What is the current stage of the product’s market life cycle?
• Implementation, implementation in production (leading to a radically new product offers)
• Growth (rapid spread within the industry or outside it)
• maturity (parameters of the technical characteristics of manufactured products reached their maximum, higher-grade products can be manufactured on the basis of technological substitution)
|2e||Strategic partnerships (existing or potential).|
|Close collaboration in the development with Vodafone Spain, Oracle and RIM (Blackberry manufacturer).|
SECTION 3: The Competition
|3a||What is the competition within your target market?|
|3b||What competitive advantages will the introduction of the new product ensue?
• lower prices based on lower production costs
• product differentiation (uniqueness of the product proposal)
|Both of them.|
|3c||Potential products relate to the following price range:
• High price range
• Average price range
• Low price range
|Average price range|
|3d||Potential products will be marketed:
• To regulated markets (e.g. heat supply, water supply, universal telecommunication services, agricultural products, fishing industry, architectural services)
• To markets operating on the principle of free negotiation between agents on the market
Mobile device manufactures
Service Providers (in the market)
SECTION 4: Indicators
|Estimated cost of the new products||120,000€ for industrialisation|
|Expected market volume (potential / maximum number of users)||Several millions|
|Expected sales volume||Several millions|
|Expected market share of the company (proportion between sales and total company sales in the relevant market)||15% of the mobile market|
KEYWORDS QUANTITATIVE ASSESSMENT (0-5).
|Please put X as appropriate.||1||2||3||4||5|
|Size of future market demand||X|
|Competitive positioning of the product||X|