PART B: valorisation plan
SECTION I: The product
|1a||The innovation potential of this product is related to:
|1b||What added value for end-users does the product hold?
• higher quality
• Better technical characteristics
• Other …
|- clean energy consumption ;
- environment protection;
- long life (15 – 20 years).
|1c||What is the Unique Sales Proposition of the potential product?
|Easy to install, assures the energy necessary in isolated areas.
The system integrates two types of ecological energy (wind and solar) and in this way the energy delivery is almost continuous, due to the fact that the sources are complementary.
SECTION 2: The Market
|2a||What is the target market for the product?
Please describe the characteristics of your target market.
|The target market is at national and European level, more precisely isolated homes, meteorological stations, telephone networks, any location which is far from the mains.
|2b||How the product is characterized from the following options? Number of companies producing similar products in the field.
• Base – applied by all companies in the industry
• Leading – applied by a single or limited number of competitive companies
• Key –at a development stage, but has already proven its potential
|The systems for generating electric energy from renewable sources can be used by any person or company, integrated into the building etc., for supplying the locations from the isolated areas, so they could be used in every urban or industrial environment.
From that reason we consider it is a basic product, especially because the market in the field is estimated top grow continuously.
|2c||What type of market demand will be satisfied?
• Existing demand – the market is already developed
• Hidden (latent) demand – the market has yet to be developed
|• Existing demand – the market is already developed
• Cerere existentă – piaţa este deja dezvoltată
The market of the systems using the renewable energy is in an incipient stage in Romania (excepting the large developers from the electric power sector). The product is intended to a market going to expand (home users, SMEs). It is estimated that simultaneously with the launching of the program “Green House”, the request for turn key solutions for such systems will be stimulated.
|2d||What is the current stage of the product’s market life cycle?
• Implementation, implementation in production (leading to a radically new product offers)
• Growth (rapid spread within the industry or outside it)
• maturity (parameters of the technical characteristics of manufactured products reached their maximum, higher-grade products can be manufactured on the basis of technological substitution)
|The product is characterized by growth, although there are similar products on the market. The trend is to improve and find new converting technologies for the renewable energy sources with high efficiency.
|2e||Strategic partnerships (existing or potential).
|There has been no partnership yet, but partnerships with the private environment can be set with equipment suppliers in the field, for instance for offering complete solution depending on customers’ requirements.|
SECTION 3: The Competition
|3a||What is the competition within your target market?
The market is represented by the companies importing and executing systems for generating electric energy from renewable sources.
The market of the systems using renewable sources is characterized by stability and intense competition. The market of power systems in Romania is large, in course of formation, with increasing trends for acquiring such equipment, especially under the circumstances of getting financial support by government programmes.
|3b||What competitive advantages will the introduction of the new product ensure?
• lower prices based on lower production costs
• product differentiation (uniqueness of the product proposal)
|- it combines the advantages of wind generators with the advantages of photovoltaic panels by assuring the continuity of electric power supplying;
- it protects the consumers against the variation of electric energy price and against the costs of connecting to the mains;
- it reduces the environment impact on electric energy generation;
|3c||Potential products relate to the following price range:
• High price range
• Average price range
• Low price range
|The pilot product is in the range of average prices due to the high quality of the equipment. There is a wide variety of equipment suppliers on the market, the prices and quality varying in broad limits; consequently, the price of a complete system is set depending on the system dimensions and price given by the equipment suppliers.
|3d||Potential products will be marketed:
• To regulated markets (e.g. heat supply, water supply, universal telecommunication services, agricultural products, fishing industry, architectural services)
• To markets operating on the principle of free negotiation between agents on the market
|The product will be promoted on markets operating on the principle of free negotiation between agents on the market. The price is set depending on the assessment of client demand and needs. In Romania, production systems on all the types of renewable sources can be developed, depending on the specific of the geographic area in the country. .
SECTION 4: Indicators
|Estimated cost of the new products
|Expected market volume (potential / maximum number of users)||10|
|Expected sales volume
|Expected market share of the company (proportion between sales and total company sales in the relevant market)||20%|
KEYWORDS QUANTITATIVE ASSESSMENT (0-5).
Please put X as appropriate.
|Size of future market demand||X|
|Competitive positioning of the product||X|