PART B: Valorisation plan
SECTION I: The product
|1a||The innovation potential of this product is related to:
|The innovation potential of the product is enormous. Currently, there are few similar products which actually integrated machine learning/information retrieval procedures in their business logic. The feasibility of this approach is proven by few private companies that lately purchased companies/tools that perform Data Analysis in order to integrate them into their product.
The product may become very competitive is the right approach for integration of Data Analysis mechanisms is performed.
The product may become a landmark in the area of similar products due to the fact that it provides the intelligent character.
|1b||What added value for end-users does the product hold?
• higher quality
• Better technical characteristics
• Other …
|The end uses of the product are: system administrators, professors and learners. Each of them may benefit from the embedding of machine learning/information retrieval techniques. Here are several examples:
- system administrators: they may set up custom constraints such that the overall environment automatically adjusts itself.
- professors: they can obtain important knowledge about how learners perform such that they may adequately guide them.
- learners: they may set up constraints and goals such that the system may create a custom learning path. Thus, needed resources (documents, quizzes, etc.) are automatically recommended for study in an effort to improve learning rate.
|c||What is the Unique Sales Proposition of the potential product?
|The intelligent character of the product defines the unique sales position. The product represents an adaptive environment to the specific needs of a certain end-user.
SECTION 2: The Market
|2a||What is the target market for the product?
Please describe the characteristics of your target market.
|Right now, the product is used as prototype in several production environments.
If necessary development steps are taken the target market may become national, European or even global.
|2b||How the product is characterized from the following options? Number of companies producing similar products in the field.
• Base – applied by all companies in the industry
• Leading – applied by a single or limited number of competitive companies
• Key –at a development stage, but has already proven its potential
|The product in its current state, as prototype, is a base product. A large number of similar products exist on the market.
If intelligent character is integrated the product may become a leading one. Right now, few products have successfully integrated advanced data analysis mechanisms in order to obtain the intelligent character.
|2c||What type of market demand will be satisfied?
• Existing demand – the market is already developed
• Hidden (latent) demand – the market has yet to be developed
|The product aims toward an existing demand of e-Learning environments. Still, the market of intelligent e-Learning environments is still hidden due to the small number of products that successfully reach a high quality level from this point of view.|
|2d||What is the current stage of the product’s market life cycle?
• Implementation, implementation in production (leading to a radically new product offers)
• Growth (rapid spread within the industry or outside it)
• maturity (parameters of the technical characteristics of manufactured products reached their maximum, higher-grade products can be manufactured on the basis of technological substitution)
|The system is currently tested in order to improve the functionality and to extend the capabilities.
|2e||Strategic partnerships (existing or potential).|
|The strategic partners are represented by education institutions which have long distance programmes. So far, there are already signed contracts with several faculties from University of Craiova. They are using the product to carry on their long distance master programs.
SECTION 3: The Competition
|3a||What is the competition within your target market?
|The competition with the market of the current product is high because many other products also offer the currently implemented functionalities.
The intelligent version of the product has a much lower competition because of the small number of similar products.
|b||What competitive advantages will the introduction of the new product ensure?
• lower prices based on lower production costs
• product differentiation (uniqueness of the product proposal)
|The competitive advantage is defined by the product differentiation. There are few products on the market that have embed high quality data analysis process.
The intelligent feature of the product is the start of a new era in e-Learning. This feature may be present as an interdisciplinary effort: Data Analysis (Machine Learning and Information Retrieval) and Humman-Computer Interaction (GUI design, build, evaluation and testing).
|3c||Potential products relate to the following price range:
• High price range
• Average price range
• Low price range
|The similar products have high prices that include buying the servers and developing the applications. One of the best possibilities is to offer the software product as a service.
These costs are not always suitable for small companies who wish to run an on-line distance learning program.
|3d||Potential products will be marketed:
• To regulated markets (e.g. heat supply, water supply, universal telecommunication services, agricultural products, fishing industry, architectural services)
• To markets operating on the principle of free negotiation between agents on the market
|The product will be marketed to markets operating on the principle of free negotiation between agents on the market. The “software as a service” approach is the most suited one in the case of Tesys e-Learning platform.
SECTION 4: Indicators
|Estimated cost of the new products
||10,000 euro/year for a service lender|
|Expected market volume (potential / maximum number of users)
|Expected sales volume
|Expected market share of the company (proportion between sales and total company sales in the relevant market)||5%|
KEYWORDS QUANTITATIVE ASSESSMENT (0-5).
Please put X as appropriate.
|Size of future market demand
|Competitive positioning of the product