Micro-Cogeneration and Distributed Generation represent important solutions for the improvement of national energy systems.
The main advantages that derives from the implementation of these devices are:
- strong reduction of electrical transmission and distribution losses;
- strong reduction of heat transmission losses;
- increased overall efficiency of primary energy conversion;
- reduction of CO2 and pollutant emissions;
- reduction of the final energy cost.
The advantages in the use of Micro-Cogeneration devices in a Distributed Generation model becomes even more attractive in a national energy system as the Italian one, which is characterized by a strong dependence from imported primary energy sources, a deficient system of energy conversion plants and a quite old electric grid.