PART a: IDENTIFICATION OF R&D Result
PARTEA A: Identificarea rezultatului cercetării-deZvoltării (CD)
· The project team
|Advisor’s Name:Nume:||Department of Technologies and MaterialsProject: The study of velocity field of the dynamical air flow developing around the spatial structure of a petroleum coke plant using the FEM|
|Expecting date of valorization plan submission:Data aşteptată pentru trimiterea planului de valorizare||17.02.2012|
· Identification of R&D activity
Identificarea activităţii de cercetare-dezvoltare (CD)
|Author of the R&D result:Autorul rezultatului CD:||Dr. Eng. Talu Mihai|
|Company or University:Companies au universitate:||UNIVERSITY OF CRAIOVA, ROMANIA|
|Sector:Domeniu:||ENG – Engineering|
|Type of the R&D result:Tipul rezultatului CD:||Theoretical Studies|
PART B: VALORISATION PLAN
Partea B: Planul de valorizare
|Please provide a short description of the state-of-the-art and/or current trends in the field? How does the result fit into it?
Vă rugăm să faceţi o scurtă prezentare a celor mai importante realizări în domeniu şi/sau tendinţele actuale? Cum se încadrează rezultatul CD în acest context?
|In petroleum processing industries, chemical, petrochemical and other industries, technological there are devices whose shape and size, make them fit into the column type category, slim devices with relatively large ratio between height and diameter.Rompetrol Refining, a company of Rompetrol Group, is conducting research on modernization of such apparatus for processing oil products.The current trend is for devices with increasingly larger height, with their diameter increasing too – given the requirements to achieve various technological processes – is justifying the concern for systematization of knowledge about the column type chambers.This project’s aim is to provide technical information on solving the problem of mechanically dimensioning of a coking chamber, with all data concerning the technological calculation and simulation of velocity field developed around the spatial structure of the coking chamber.|
|What is the problem/need/knowledge gap that the research result is responding to? How was it addressed before?Care este problema/necesitatea/deficitul de cunoştinţe la care a cărei soluţionare contribuie rezultatul cercetării ? A fost acest aspect abordat anterior?|
|Knowledge gap which the research result is addressing:
- Sizing of coking chambers;
- Finite element analysis of the spatial structure of the coking chambers;The project is beneficial for the environment and safety of persons carrying out their activities in this field.
|What is the potential for further research?Care este potenţialul pentru cercetarea viitoare?|
|From a technical and scientific view it is required to develop various virtual models of coking chambers.
The research results are covered by the research directions and promote the technologies for processing the oil products.The need to develop such products is justified by the resulting consequences (low manufacturing cost, reliability)
|What is the proposed method of IPR-protection? (patent, license, trademark etc.)Care este metoda propusă pentru protecţia drepturilor de proprietate intelectuală (brevet, licenţă, marcă înregistrată etc.)|
|It is proposed the protection of intellectual property rights of experimental model for coking chamber by the technology license.|
|What are the steps that need to be taken in order to secure the IPR-protection? What is the cost of IPR-protection?Care sunt etapele ce trebuie parcurse pentru a se asigura drepturile de proprietate intelectuală? Care este costul pentru asigurarea proprietăţii intelectuale?|
|The main steps that can be listed in the license contract refers to:
- The right to unlimitedly use license;
- The geographical area where the license is manifested;
- Duration of time and causes that result in withdrawal of the license;
- The set of services that the licensee shall grant to the beneficiary company;
- Measures to protect designs, technologies and other items subject to intellectual and industrial property.
|What is you overall assessment of the scientific maturity of the research result?Care este evaluarea generală a maturităţii ştiinţifice a rezultatului CD?|
|Developing a set of original knowledge directed to design and analysis using a MEF coking chambers for oil processing.Coking chamber consists of the following:
- pipe connection,
- ellipsoidal cap of chamber;
- chamber body;
- cylindrical shell;
- conical connection;
- support bearing (foot);
- cover.Analyzing the distribution fields of velocity as results of the experimental measurements and theoretical calculus we can conclude that the distributions velocity is no uniform on whole surface of petroleum coke plant. The complex geometry of the external surface disturbing in totality without exceptions the distribution field of velocity over/under lateral of 3D metal structure of plant and trajectories of the fluid elements are complex curves in space. The calculus of error concerning the results obtained through numerical simulations made with aid of FEM is acceptable under 4 % as results of hypothesis initial accepted that the flow of the atmospheric front have physical sizes homogeneous and the impact angle alpha is constant end equal with value alpha = 900. The results confirm the possibility of method to assure the precision necessary to use this method with confidence in activity of design a petroleum coke plant.
KEYWORDS QUANTITATIVE ASSESSMENT (0-5).
Evaluare cantitativă (0-5)
Please put X as appropriate.
Vă rugăm să marcaţi cu X punctajul considerat corespunzător
|Scientific maturityMaturitate ştiinţifică||X|
|State-of-the-art/innovationCele mai importante realizări în domeniu/grad de inovare||X|
|IPR-potentialPotenţialul privind drepturile de proprietate intelectuală||X|
We agree that all informations contained in this form to be made public in the project „Inter-regional cooperation for valorization of research results – INTERVALUE”, by publication on the project website: http://www.urenio.org/intervalue/.
Suntem de acord ca informaţiile cuprinse în acest formular să fie făcute publice în cadrul proiectului „Inter-regional cooperation for valorization of research results – INTERVALUE”, prin publicarea lor pe site-ul proiectului, la adresa: http://www.urenio.org/intervalue/.