The Web Spatial Impact Observatory (WSIO) is a repository of data and indicators relevant to Spatial Impact Assessment studies of multimodal transport corridors. It is a tool that enhances the promotion of sustainable transport solutions.
The WSIO is a web-GIS application which can be used as a thematic map creation and visualization tool. It can also be used to view and download the data for further elaboration. More specifically, the main functions are:
- view of the data, indicators and metadata
- download data in MS-Excel format for further elaboration
- display mono-variant statistics of specific data/indicators
- on line creation of thematic maps
- pan and zoom of the map’s extent
- data layers classification by selecting data or indicators, method of classification and number of classes
- information retrieval by geographic units (NUTS II, NUTS III)
- print or export of the created map layout
The main components of the platform are open source software: Apache (Web server), MapServer (Web GIS), MySQL (database).